Hello Members of Unifor Local 506:
This is Alain Boudreau, chair of the 2015 Election Committee with an update for members regarding the upcoming elections this fall. Local 506 will be accepting nominations for the following positions:
- Unifor Local 506 President with the term of office ending in 2016
- Unifor Local 506 Vice President with the term of office ending in 2017
- Unifor Local 506 Secretary Treasurer with the term of office ending in 2018
Nominations will be made at the September Sub-Local meetings as follows:
- Region 1 – Saint John Union meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 8th 6:30 pm at the Holiday Inn Express, 400 Main St & Chesley Drive
- Region 2 – Moncton Union meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 29th at 7 pm at the Moncton Lion’s Centre, 473 St George Street
- Region 3 – Fredericton Union meeting scheduled for Monday, September 28th 5:30 pm at the Ramada, 480 Riverside Drive
- Region 3 – Woodstock Union meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 29th 5:30 pm at the Woodstock CO on Chapel Street.
- Region 4 – A Pen, Bathurst, Campbellton, Edmundston & Miramichi Union meeting scheduled for Thursday, September 10th at 5:15 pm via conference call and members are asked to meet at the usual CO locations.
All nominees are asked to forward their resume to the Union office on or before September 30th, 2015
The Election Committee will then meet on October 8th, 2015 to perform its duties as per Article 8, Section 8.01 of the Unifor Local 506 By-laws. If an election period is required, the Election Committee will declare it to be from October 15th to October 31st with the online polls open for voting for that two-week time period.
As usual, this election will be conducted online and the results will be announced on November 1, 2015.
Election Committee Chair